Onion Tuna Noodle Casserole
Food is an integral part gatherings and you should always implement unique and fresh ideas in your cooking. When you try a common recipe try using unique ingredients to give it a new taste and texture. This is the best way to strengthen your cooking skills. It is true that most of the renowned chefs keep on experimenting with different ingredients to come up with delicious dishes.
If you are new to cooking you can try noodle recipes, because they are easy to prepare and you will enjoy being creative with them.
Serving Size: 6 people
- 500 grams of Mandarin Medium Noodles - Original Flavor
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Tuna ( that’s broken into small chunks)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cups flour
- 3 to 4 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 finely chopped stalks of celery
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill leaves
- 1/2 cup crushed Fritos
- Salt & black pepper as per taste
- To prepare Onion Tuna Noodle Casserole, the first thing that you have to do is preheat the oven to 375°F. Take a large baking dish and grease it with butter. Once done, set it aside.
- Next, begin making the sauce, take a large pan and heat butter in it. Then add onion and celery to the pan and cook them for around 6 minutes. After that add garlic to the pan and let it cook for around 45 seconds.
- Add flour to the pan and keep it tossing for a minute. Now add and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add half-and-half to the pan and then let it simmer for around 5 minutes. Once the mixture in the pan starts thickening, stir in dry mustard and parmesan cheese.
- Finally, stir in peas, salt, and pepper to the pan before you remove it from the heat.
- Once your sauce is ready, you now have to boil sufficient water in a pan to cook noodles. Once noodles are cooked, use a strainer to drain water and then transfer them to a large bowl. Make sure that you keep aside 1/2 cup of noodle cooking liquid, which will be used later on.
- Now add sauce, sour cream, and freshly chopped chives to the bowl and mix them effectively with noodles. Add tuna in the mixture along with a little bit of noodle cooking liquid and mix them effectively.
- Transfer this mixture to a baking dish that you have already greased with butter and add half of the fritos(optional). Then cover the dish with a foil and bake it for half-an-hour.
- After half-an-hour remove the baking dish from oven.
- Finally, remove the foil and sprinkle remaining Fritos on top of Onion Tuna Noodle Casserole, before you serve it to your loved ones.