Thai Noodle Salad
It’s completely true that you enjoy different types of foods in different seasons, and the most important reason for that remains the availability of fresh produce in the market. Spring and summer are the best seasons to include a lot of fresh and nutritious veggies in your diet. During these two seasons you will find a wide range of locally-grown veggies both in local markets and supermarkets.
Try this Thai noodle salad with peanut lime dressing because it comes packed with tasty veggies!
Serving Size: 6 people
Peanut Lime Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass (you can also ginger paste)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Mandarin Medium Noodles - Original Flavor
- 5 cups of spinach
- 3-4 finely chopped green onions (make sure you use only the green parts)
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 thinly sliced carrots
- 2 thinly sliced bell peppers
- Use a medium sized skillet and cook your noodles over medium heat, and then remove water from them. Once you remove water from noodles make sure that you add some oil to them.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and start preparing the dressing for which you need to pulse the ingredients in a food processor. Make sure that you do not add peanut butter in the food processor.
- Use 1/2 cup of dressing to marinate the chicken and keep it in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Once you are done with marinating the chicken in the dressing, you can then add peanut butter in the food processor and mix the whole thing together.
- After that, you can cut your veggies and mix them together in a bowl.
- Once you are done with marinating the chicken for half and hour, you can then bake it for 20 minutes. After that, you can keep it aside for 10 minutes and later on mix it with the vegetables.
- You can add a little bit of dressing in the noodles and mix them properly. Make sure that your noodles are soft, otherwise, you won’t be able to get that authentic taste in the dish.
- After that, you need to stir fry the noodles over medium heat. Make sure that you use a right skillet to stir-fry the noodles.
- In the end, you need to toss the vegetables and chicken with stir-fried noodles and then top the salad with remaining cilantro and peanut lime dressing.
The best part about this delicious dish is that you can serve it both hot and cold!