Slow Cooker: Chicken Thai Ramen Noodles
Slow Cooker Chicken Thai Ramen Noodles is a great way to fancy up your everyday instant noodle and make it even more delicious and tempting.
In this recipe, the chicken is cooked in Thai style and Ramen noodles are used to enhance the flavor. It features several layers of flavors like that of onion, ginger and garlic, fresh basil, coconut milk, and of course, Ramen noodles. However, what enhances the taste of this dish incredibly is slow cooking for about 4 hours, wherein all the ingredients get cooked slowly, leaving behind rich flavors.
One of the best things about Ramen noodles is that you can easily create your favorite custom dish. Just pick a protein of your choice like we have used Chicken in this recipe and add in lots of vegetables like carrots, cabbage, bok choy, corn, mushrooms, spinach, etc. And for that special touch, add additional flavorings like we have given this recipe a Thai kick.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into small pieces
- 2 packages of Tainan Thin Noodles - Original Flavor
- 2 chopped green onions (use only the white portion)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green bell papers, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil and ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Thai garlic chili paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups water
- To start with it, take a bowl and add in water, coconut milk, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Thai Garlic Chili paste (available in supermarkets), and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Whisk briskly until all the ingredients are mixed well. In a slow cooker crock, add this mixture and slowly stir in chopped onions (white), diced green pepper, ginger and garlic, and diced chicken pieces. You can add little more water if required. Cook all the ingredients in the Slow Cooker on High for about 4 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pinkish in color.
Tip: You can add in any variety of vegetables of your choice like carrots, yellow or red bell peppers, spinach, mushrooms, Choy, etc.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, stir in the Ramen instant noodle into the crock. Keep the seasoning mix away. Cook the noodles on High, along with other ingredients, until soft, for about 15 to 20 minutes. When the noodle is cooked, add the Ramen seasoning mix and stir well. You can also season with salt or crushed black pepper. The soup will be ready to eat in about 4 hours 15 minutes. Before you serve, garnish it with green onions, diced cucumbers, basil and cilantro. The taste of fresh herbs enhances the flavor of the soup considerably.
One of the best things about this recipe is that no oil is used for frying the vegetables or to cook the chicken. Moreover, unlike other instant noodles, Ramen noodles are not fried, and therefore, they contain no cholesterol, no trans-fat and little saturated fat. The Thai Garlic Chili paste adds to the taste and color of the soup and gives it a tangy, spicy flavor that you will love. You can also replace chicken with pork, shrimp, eggs or tofu.
- The recipe can be made from Asha instant noodles that feature air-dried freshness and quality. When cooked in slow cooker for about 4 hours, the taste and richness of this Thai Chicken Noodle soup is enhanced considerably. It makes the perfect meal for your lunch or dinner.